Canva has a large library of aesthetic templates. You can produce outstanding designs from one app, from banners to mockups to infographics and more.
It also allows you to utilize over a million photos, graphics, fonts, and icons from across the internet, with simple instructions on transforming almost any into professional work.
Canva offers thousands of templates for all kinds of needs, but you can also start from scratch and create an image exactly how you want it. If you don’t know how to start editing an image, Canva is a one-stop-shop for design inspiration.
Simply log on to the Canva app or website and select a template. Now that we’ve covered the basics of using Canva let’s take a look at some tips on making the most out of our design software tool.
Create Layout Using Grids
A grid can be a great way to map out proportional layouts before actually creating your website design. To design a layout, use a grid pattern. Grids help you create various columns and rows, and they act like a frame that guides where you put your most important images or graphics. Elements contain a bunch of different grid options. It makes sense to choose the best one each time.
To do this,
- Click on the tab of the Grids icon on the left-hand side of your screen but don’t select anything yet.
- Scroll down and find a format you like and either double click or click again for it to be highlighted.
- You can also search for just “grids” rather than every single term individually if you’re in a rush!
Use Frames to Crop Image into Shapes
Frames are like a way of cropping an image vertically and horizontally. Frames let you make different shaped pictures.
To get started,
- Scroll down to Frames or search for “frames” in Elements.
- First, select one of them according to your preference.
- Second, when creating a Canva design, choose Upload, or use one of the images in the Photos section. For instance, there are a lot of great stock photos to choose from in the free version, and you can also upgrade to Canva Pro to gain access to hundreds more when designing for business purposes.
- Lastly, when you upload your photo, you can drag and drop it into the frame you selected.
Arranging and Grouping the Element
There are certain occasions when you need to use many elements within your template. When using multiple images and graphics, you should layer them to make the background much easier on the eye. This will make it look more aesthetically pleasing.
To change the order of your screens,
- Right-click on the element in question and select Send Backward or Bring Forward to lay it on top or behind other apps or commands.
Another way to arrange elements is grouping.
- After selecting the elements, you want to group, select Group on the toolbar above the editor. Or use Ctrl + G.
By grouping items together, you will be able to edit, move, or copy multiple items at once. Additionally, if you want to ungroup the elements after your design is finished, you can do so easily.
Look at the Position of the Element
Canva has a useful tool called Lock, which allows you to lock elements into place to work with others on the same project and not worry about making any changes accidentally. When working with other team members, this can be a great way for one to contribute but leave the final decision up to someone else who has access to all the necessary files before saving and uploading them.
- First, pick the element you want to lock in.
- Second, click the Lock icon on the top-right corner of the editor.
You can lock multiple elements by hitting the Lock icon and holding Shift on the keyboard.
Set Transparency of the Element
You can make your design look better by adjusting transparency. This technique can be used to create an eye-catching design.
- You need to select the element.
- Click on the transparency icon to do this.
- Drag the sliders to the left or right to increase or decrease the transparency.
You can try this feature on several things.
Add a Hyperlink
In this section, adding hyperlinks to your design can be useful when creating a digital design on Canva. For instance, If you allow your audience to visit your website, you can make it easier for them to do so. Therefore, links can be added to the text, elements, images, and videos.
To insert a link,
- Select the element you want to link and click the Hyperlink icon in the editor.
- Apply by entering your website URL and clicking on it.
- Do the same thing if you want to remove the link.
Animation Gifs and Video
A digital design can be attractive and engaging. You can use many different things with Canva.
To create an engaging Facebook post,
- You have to click Animate and select the element you want to create.
- Pick the best animations for your design. Page Animations can be used to make the rest of the design look better.
- Click the Play icon on the toolbar to watch how it moves.
- Lastly, when you’re ready, you can download your design as a file.
Choose a Trending Style
You can try one of Canva’s premade styles if you’re confused about choosing the right color combination and fonts. To make your designs stand out, you can use it.
Go to the Styles tab on the left sidebar menu and select whichever style you like. If you want to apply a combination of the two, you can select All or try them separately.
Search and Filter Element
The ability to search through elements is the best feature. This feature can be used to find templates, photos, and more.
To type a word in the Elements tab,
- Click the Filter icon.
- You can pick your preferred filters.
- You can search by color, orientation, and animation.
- To apply the filters, click.
Make a Copy of your Design
- Head over to the File menu to make a copy.
- The copied version of your design will open in a new tab with a “Copy” appended to it.
- You can create multiple copies of your design using this method.
You can use these handy tips to get the most out of Canva. Your creativity and knowledge of the platform should help you work more efficiently. There are many ways to experiment with your designs and maximize your experience on the popular platform.
Thanks for reading!